Friday, May 9

Spring Green

It rained last night and when I woke up this morning, the grass was a vibrant shade of green. This is my favorite time of the year. It seems for some unexplainable reason that my inner "self" parallels with the seasons. Is anyone else like this? I seem to come alive each spring along with the new grass, blossoms and buds. My mood lifts; my stress levels plummet. I would be content watching things grow and thrive all day. New plants or flowers or even animals' babies like the deer, birds and rabbits that frequent my backyard. This is with the exception of spiders. All spiders are evil and must not be allowed to breed or live. They know of my fear and talk in dark corners, thinking of ways to sneak up on me and then laugh in their webs as I howl and jump around as if on fire. I know you wanted to know this, right? My friend Pam likes spiders but then, she is "different" to begin with. I mean, she is my friend, she laughs at my jokes and eats the food I cook as if she likes it. What more can I say?




The view out my patio door at six this morning.


This tree will be beautiful and full this summer.



It is hard to hold a squirming child and take a picture at the same time.

No comments: