Friday, November 18

Walk Away Baked Spaghetti


recipe from pauladeen.com


Another recipe success from my idol Paula. Spaghetti has always been one of my favorites to fall back on when dinner ideas escape me. I think it was one of the first dishes I learned to make on my own way back in the day. I haven't really done any experimenting with a new recipe as I love my own as it is. I usually make my own meatballs too.

Since Paula hasn't disappointed me yet, I tried this from her website. I have not made baked spaghetti before but I can guarantee I will be making it again. Delish! Super easy too, although with something this good, you could never tell.

Ingredients:
1 lb. browned and seasoned beef
3/4 lb. spaghetti, cooked
1 jar (approx. 15 oz.) of your favorite pasta sauce (I used Preggo Tomato and Basil)
2 cups mozzarella cheese, grated

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Brown and season beef. Drain

Prepare spaghetti according to package directions.

In a large saucepan, simmer browned meat and pasta sauce together. Toss the cooked noodles into the sauce.

To assemble: Spray a casserole dish with non stick cooking spray. Spoon half of the noodle mixture into the dish. Pack it down lightly and add half of the mozzarella cheese. Add remaining noodle mixture and pack down lightly again. Top with remaining mozzarella. 

Bake for 15 - 20 minutes or until cheese is bubbly. 


4 comments:

Mommy Bags said...

Every time I think of Paula all I hear is more BUTTER. Girl you are a regular cooking queen. I am the same I cook every night and I love to do it.

Unknown said...

I had a similiar recipe at a friends house and it was so good. I have never tried making it myself. My boys would love this! thanks for sharing.

Baker Street said...

What a lovely and simple recipe. It looks absolutely delish. Thanks for sharing Sheri! :)

Sheri said...

@MommyBags, me too! I love cooking/baking but need to stop eating so much of it. Blah!

@Jessica, so easy and we always have seconds, even my picky eater.

@Baker Street, thank you for stopping by!