Thursday, November 3

Cheeseburger 'N' Fries Casserole




A few years back, a colleague of mine held an office Christmas party in her home. She really went all out and had a ton of amazing dishes for us throughout the night. A version of this was one of them. While I liked the concept, it seemed very bland to me. 


I was going through my recipe stash (ok, it's more of an ever-growing mountain of goodness) and stumbled across this long forgotten dish. Thought I would see if I could add some pep to it for the guys and I. 


It was a success. My picky eater loved it! Great for kids of all ages and quick and easy for those busy weekdays too.


Ingredients:
2 lbs. lean ground beef
1 (10 oz) can condensed golden mushroom soup
1 (10 oz) can condensed cheddar cheese soup
1 (20 oz) package frozen seasoned french fries (any style)
1/2 cup medium cheddar cheese
ground black pepper, to taste




Brown ground beef in skillet. Drain. Stir in soups and pepper. Mix well. 


Pour into greased 9 x 13 x 2 inch baking dish.


Arrange seasoned french fries evenly on top. 


Bake, uncovered, for 40 - 45 minutes or until fries are golden brown.


Top with grated cheese right out of the oven. Let sit 5 minutes and serve. Yum!

2 comments:

Miranda | Mangoes and Chutney said...

This would be great for a football game!

Sheri said...

It would be! A different approach to french fries (which we love but rarely eat here).