Tuesday, November 29

Souperior Meat Loaf


Meatloaf. You probably either love it or hate it. Around here, we love it. Well, the original concept anyway.


I can't even tell you the number of meatloaf recipes I have tried over the years. Tried them all I think! Looking for an actual meatloaf recipe, not salsa meatloaf, not hummus and beans meatloaf, not barbecue meatloaf, just plain ole basic meatloaf. Many of the recipes I tried were tomato or milk based and honestly, we found them quite disappointing and somewhat "mushy" in texture.


Being the Pinterest fanatic that I am, I am amazed at all the foodies of the world trying to outdo each other with their so called gourmet recipes. Do people really eat those odd concoctions? Is this the new "in" thing? 


That said, I finally found a real meatloaf recipe that we absolutely LOVE. I make two loaves so we can have leftovers and they are still gone in record time. 


Where did I find this? On the back of the box for Lipton Onion Recipe Secrets (dry packets). Yep, sure did and not ashamed to say it.


Tastes like meatloaf with a great texture and a ton of flavor. Quick and easy too and who doesn't like that? 


Ingredients:
1 envelope Lipton Recipe Secrets Onion Soup Mix
2 lbs. ground beef
3/4 cup plain dry bread crumbs
2 eggs
3/4 cups water
1/3 cup ketchup


Preheat oven to 350 degrees. 


Combine all ingredients in a large bowl.


Transfer mixture to bread pan or shape on 9 x 13 inch baking dish.


Bake uncovered for 1 hour or until done. Let stand 10 minutes. 


4 comments:

Unknown said...

I make these meatloaf patties that my husband just loves! Yours looks yummy!

Katherines Corner said...

Meatloaf is on our menu for tonight :-) Hugs

Mommy Bags said...

We love love meatloaf around here. I have a recipe that is pretty damn good and my hubby cannot get enough. Yours looks so yummy..I am making turkey meatballs tonight....

Kathy said...

I love meatloaf..errr or maybe it's just easy to make. Funny thing is I have always used the recipe off the Lipton soup packet:) Except that I use half turkey half beef and substitute spicy mustard for ketchup (son is allergic to tomatos) anyway..gourmet I am not but there is always meatloaf in the freezer:)

Found you through Blog hop Thursday and am now following :)