Sunday, November 6

Camera Critters ~ Meet Mrs. Frog

If you remember this post , I have snakes living under my deck. EEK! Luckily for me, I didn't know that the night Mrs. Frog paid a visit. If you have been following my blog for any amount of time, you know how much I love frogs. One of my favorite things in all the world. The night in the above mentioned post, I was sitting still as could be waiting for moths to land near so I could photograph them. Good things come to those who wait...

I am not afraid of the dark or being out in it by myself. In fact, I often find it peaceful. Yet I couldn't help but wonder as I sat their in complete silence other than the beating of many moth's wings, what that somewhat loud thump was to my left. I waited a moment and when no other "thumps" came, I turned and snapped a photo in the dark. My review screened showed not a only a frog but a fairly large one at that! I think she might have eaten a few neighborhood cats before stopping by my deck for some moths. Good froggy.

She is a green frog, which are very common in central Wisconsin. She is also one of the largest ones I have seen. Very healthy and bold too! 







I linked up with Camera Critters.

7 comments:

Barbara said...

That is a beautiful frog. I love frogs too, but they never visit my yard.

Chubskulit Rose said...

Beautiful critter shots! That's a very pretty frog.

Late visiting from Camera Critters. The Hopper is my critter, please drop by when you get a chance. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful captures! He is s a fine-looking frog!

Anonymous said...

I am not a frog person, but she is lovely. Fabulous capture.

Kati said...

Wow. That's a beautiful frog! Don't have frogs in my garden but I have toads. Yesterday when I wanted to move tiles in the garden, we found under one of them where he (or she) lived. We put the tile back on it's place and left him (or her) in peace. I knew he lived in my garden but I never knew where! Now I know! :) Maybe I should try kissing him next time, who knows... Or does that only count for frogs? ;)

Nicole @ Daily Dish Recipes said...

She's so cute! I love frogs so much, and you got some amazing photos of her!
Our frogs here are just not as pretty.

Sheri said...

Thank you everyone! Frogs make me happy. :)

@Kati, I think it counts for toads too, let me know if it works! haha