Tuesday, October 9

Steak & Rice Burritos


Flair. I like flair. I even like the way it sounds when you say it. I like to add flair to my clothing, my home and even my meals. Nothing terribly crazy, just interesting. Something fun; fun never hurts.

I think these steak burritos have a little flair. A little healthier but definitely filling. We found them to be delicious!

Ingredients:

1/2 cup salsa
1/2 cup water
4 TBLS instant brown rice
1 cup black beans, drained and rinsed
12 oz. strip steak, trimmed and sliced thin
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. black pepper
1/4 cup onion, diced
4 (8 inch) burritos
sour cream, to garnish

Combine salsa and water in a saucepan. Bring to a boil. Stir in rice. Reduce heat to simmer. Cover and simmer 5 minutes.

Remove cover and stir in beans. Leaving the cover off, cook, stirring occasionally until the rice is tender and most of the liquid is absorbed. About 5 more minutes. 

In the meantime, sprinkle steak with salt and pepper. Add steak and onions to a skillet over medium high heat. Stir occasionally until steak is brown and cooked through. 5 - 7 minutes. 

Divide the steak mixture evenly among the tortillas. Top with sour cream or your favorite toppings. Roll and eat!

No comments: