Tuesday, October 16

Moist Banana Bread


I know, another banana bread recipe. I couldn't help myself! Nicole, over at Daily Dish Recipes made me do it, I promise. Between her amazing photos and witty commentary, I don't stand a chance. While visiting (like almost daily) her website I stumbled upon her version of banana bread and couldn't resist. 

This bread just may be the perfect banana bread. Super moist and absolutely delicious. 

Ingredients:
1 1/4 cups mashed bananas
1 cup sour cream
1/4 cup margarine
1 cup white sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda

1 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 cup chopped walnuts, optional

Grease and flour a 9 x 13 inch or (2) 7 x 3 inch loaf pans. 

Combine the mashed banana and sour cream. Mix well. 

In a separate bowl, cream the margarine and sugar together until smooth. Add one egg at a time, beating well after each addition. Add vanilla and mix. Add banana mixture and mix again. 

In a third separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Add to banana mixture and stir well. Pour the batter into the prepared pan(s). 

Bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. 

No comments: