Thursday, October 25

Chocolate Lovers: Dark Chocolate Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread


I know I should have posted this earlier in the season. If you love chocolate as much as I do, you'll understand. I have made traditional and chocolate zucchini bread before and love them both. But as Emeril says, "Let's kick it up a notch!" Or two or three.

This moist double chocolate, dark chocolate chip bread is a chocolate lover's dream. I added just a few chocolate chips so it wasn't overwhelming. They add a punch of flavor here and there. 

This might not be for everyone. It sure was for me!

Ingredients:
2 cups shredded zucchini
2 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 cup dutch process cocoa powder
3 large eggs
2\3 cup sugar
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled
1/2 cup dark chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

To remove the excess moisture from the zucchini, squeeze between two paper towels until most of the liquid is gone. Set aside.

In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt and cocoa powder. 

In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, sugar, vanilla and butter. Stir in zucchini. Gradually whisk in the flour mixture. Fold in the chocolate chips. The batter will be thick.

Grease or spray a 9 1/2" x 5 1/2" loaf pan. Spoon in the mixture. 

Bake for 55 - 60 minutes or until toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. 

Remove from oven and cool about 1/2 an hour before removing from pan. Place on rack and cool completely before slicing.


5 comments:

Emma Deirdre said...

I am a self-confessed chocolate addict and I am drooling looking at this! It looks super chocolatey, rich and delicious. Great recipe! :-)

Sheri said...

Thank you Emma! We have great taste. ;)

Anonymous said...

This looks heavenly! I've been baking a lot of zucchini bread lately, so I'll give this one a try for a bit of a change. Thanks. P.S. Found your blog through a REtweet by @RossanaWyatt.

Unknown said...

I love anything chocolate... okay, so I blog about it. Anyway, have you tried beets and chocolate? I am a new fan ever since I tried it. :)

Sheri said...

lifetakesover - thank you so much for stopping by. Hope you like it.

Gina - I haven't but now you really have me curious.