Wednesday, September 28
Kreativ Blogger Award ~ For Me!
To my great surprise and delight, my sweet, thoughtful friend, Judy at Judy H-J's Thoughts - A Twinless Twin, awarded me with the Kreativ Blogger's award!!! Isn't she the best?!
Judy, you are just wonderful and I can't thank you enough for making my day brighter with your always inspiring comments and beautiful smile. Thank you so very much!
Upon accepting this award, I have to share seven things about myself. Hmmm...
1. I am part Italian (dad's side) and part German (mom's side) and this makes for a sometimes fierce combination. I am known to blame or accredit either for my opinions and outlook on life. I am very proud of both.
2. I have so many interests and self acclaimed great loves in life. I feel your mind is a terrible thing to waste and refuse to sit and let life pass me by as other's have all the fun. Photography and cooking are my greatest passions.
3. I LOVE animals (except cats). If I had my way, I would have a zoo! John is terribly allergic to most mammals, so this makes it easy for me to rein my longings in. We currently have one majorly adorable Pug, named Dexter (after America's favorite serial killer) and 4 frogs. Have I mentioned how much I adore all things frog?
4. I also love children. Their innocence, the way they view the world and the way the way they grab your heart and never let go. Becoming a mother is and always will be my greatest, most rewarding moment(s) in life. The day my son, Spencer, was born was the best day of my life. He has made me a better person and continues to do so every day he smiles at me. I really did not know the meaning of love until I held him in my arms.
5. I don't know how to make coffee. Yep, have no idea. I dislike coffee very much. The smell is horrible to me (coffee breath!) and I don't understand it's appeal at all. Thankfully, John doesn't like it either and we only own a coffee pot for company. We have to ask how to make it each time!
6. I love politics. Crazy, I know. I love listening to debates and sharing my opinions with anyone willing to engage. I have major hero worship for Sean Hannity and Bill O'Reilly. This does not mean I like the state of this country or the games our government is seeming to play...
7. Last but not least. I have a fascination with Will Smith's navel. Sure do. Have you seen I am Legend? I lost count on my total. Hey, everyone needs some distrac...what were we talking about again?
The last part upon accepting this award that I must do is pay it forward by nominating 7 fellow bloggers. I am not following this rule exactly. I have emailed or messaged 7 people I would like to receive the award to make sure they are comfortable with this. I recently read on another blog about a person receiving an award and feeling badly that they didn't want to accept it. This award made my day but other's might not feel the same.
Hope you all have a great day and as always, I am so grateful for your comments!