Sunday, September 11

Camera Critters ~ Walking Stick





My friend Carolyn messaged me the other day that her kids had found a big stick bug on their front door. I have never seen a walking stick in the wild and was so excited when Carolyn said she had captured it in a bug container for me! Friends that find bugs and think of you...


I brought it home and watched it in wonder. They really are the oddest most fascinating insect. They are quite thin in body and even more so in the legs. It was a challenge photographing him but I am happy with the results. I thanked him and let him on his way to live long and prosper.


A huge thanks to Carolyn! She makes me smile every day...















 I linked up with Camera Critters.

7 comments:

MyLittleMe said...

He is so cool looking!

Erin Wallace said...

That is SO COOL! I've never seen one in the wild either and would probably go into palpitations if I did. I really love insects, I suppose that's the biology major in me. Last weekend, we found a wild millipede and I was beside myself. Thanks for sharing the cool find!

Cheryl said...

Wonderfully sharp photos of a gorgeous critter. Nicely done!

MariaS said...

How cool is that? Great pics Sheri! You see, I would never be like your friend and catch the bug for you. I am absolutely NOT a bug person...as much as I love you, I would not be your go-to bug-girl! But I am glad your friend is! ;)

Tatjana Parkacheva said...

Nice captures of this cool critter.

Regards and best wishes

Andrea said...

I saw many of this bugs,but here you shot the best ever seen...
Great!

Sheri said...

Thank you! Erin, I need to hang out with you.

Maria, I still am not friends with bugs but I am getting much better!

Andrea, you have made my day!