Tuesday, September 27

Chocolate Pudding Torte




This is my mom's recipe. She made this torte for many occasions and get togethers when I was growing up. I think it was her most requested dish to bring over the years and has always been one of my favorites. She made 3 different versions of this. The following recipe is for the chocolate version but I'll include the other 2 at the end of the recipe in case you want to try those too!


Ingredients:


Crust:
1 cup flour
1/2 cup margarine
1/2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
2 Tbls. sugar


Mix like pie crust and spread into a 9 x 13 inch baking pan. Pat down. Bake for 15 minutes at 350. Cool completely.


First filling layer:


8 oz. cream cheese, softened
1 cup powdered sugar
8 oz. Cool Whip, divided


Beat cream cheese and powdered sugar together. Fold in 2 cups Cool Whip. Spread on cooled crust.


Second filling layer:


2 small packages of instant chocolate pudding


Mix with 2 1/2 cups of milk. (do not follow package instructions) Pour over cream cheese mixture. Let set in refrigerator and cover with remaining Cool Whip. Top with chocolate chips.


Alternate version 1: Replace chocolate pudding mix with Butterscotch pudding. Top with chopped walnuts.


Alternate version 2: Replace chocolate pudding with Pistachio pudding. Top with crushed Heath bars.





I also have to mention that my sweet, thoughtful friend, Judy over at Judy H-J's Thoughts - A Twinless Twinawarded me with the Kreativ Blogger's award!!! I will make a special post for that soon. Thank you so much, Judy!

11 comments:

Along These Lines ... said...

Sorry, can't imbibe - going thru a period of torte reform

Becky McNeer said...

aw, yum, this looks like heaven! please post it on sunday supper stumble!!! http://www.homesandbabies.com
http://notyourordinaryrecipes.blogspot.com
http://cleangal.blogspot.com
new follower and fb fan!

Sheri said...

LOL! Nick! How dare you be in torte reform. Reform back!

I will stop by and post, Becky! Thanks so much!

Ed Pilolla said...

this looks so good. if only i could trust myself to make a crust...

Unknown said...

Wow! This looks so delicious Sheri! I love anything with chocolate in it. Have a great Wednesday.

Unknown said...

Hello again Sheri!
I was really happy to pass on this award to you. I am glad that we met in the Blogging World. Take good care.
Judy

LOVE MELISSA:) said...

You are killing my diet!!! Chocolate is my best friend. Off to write down the recipe. Thanks!! I might just have to surprise the bday girl with this.

Ann Jones said...

Your recipe looks delicious! I love just about any type of dessert, especially those with chocolate :)

Becky McNeer said...

thank you for linking this to sunday supper stumble! i love this recipe... stumbled!!!

Theresa said...

This looks so yummy! Congrats on the award Sheri! Link it up with my Feature Friday link up if you like!
Have a good rest of your week.
Theresa @ DearCreatives.com

Colie's Kitchen said...

Hi this is Nicole from Colie’s Kitchen I just discovered your blog and wanted to drop by and say hi. I am now a new follower. I would love to have you stop by Colie’s Kitchen if you get a chance. www.colieskitchen.com