Friday, June 1

Raspberry Meringue Cookies


Meringue isn't for everyone and that usually includes me. I mentioned awhile back that I wanted to incorporate more raspberry into my menu just because it is one of my favorite flavors ever. I just felt like trying something different from all the flour based cookies I tend to lean towards. Spencer picked up a raspberry jello package in the grocery store and it all began. 


These melt in your mouth with a big pop of raspberry, followed by a hint of chocolate from the mini chips. You can certainly leave out the chocolate chips but I would highly recommend adding them in. For such small cookies, the flavor is big without being overwhelming. I promise you won't be able to eat just one.


Ingredients:
3 egg whites
1/8 tsp. salt
3 1/2 tsp. raspberry jello mix
1 TBLS. vinegar
mini chocolate chips (optional)


Preheat oven to 250 degrees.


Beat egg whites with salt until foamy. Using an electric mixer, add jello and sugar to the egg whites. Beat until mixture stands in peaks.


Add vinegar and mix gently.


Add the mini chocolate chips now if you are using them.


Spoon small circles of mixture onto a cookie sheet covered in parchment paper. 


Bake for about 25 minutes; turn off oven and allow the cookies to sit in the oven for an additional 20 minutes.


Remove from oven and allow to cool completely. 


I had to try these as soon as they were cool enough to eat and they are amazing warm too!

No comments: