Thursday, June 7

Ham & Cheese Sliders with Poppy Seed Sauce

recipe from the-girl-who-ate-everything.com

These just might be the absolute best sliders I have ever devoured, I mean eaten. No, really. I originally made these with my leftover Easter ham. After our Easter meal, we had a lot more ham than I had anticipated left over. Even after a few of the late night ham sandwiches that are amazing with just mayo and bread. I wanted to try something new and I haven't worked with sliders much, so the timing was perfect.

Wow, just wow. I will definitely be making these every Easter from now on, but they are also perfect for any get together. Easy to make and not only are they amazing right out of the oven, but just as tasty at room temp. or chilled. 

I used Hawaiian rolls as they are a favorite for us.

Ingredients:
24 white dinner rolls
24 pieces of ham
24 small slices Swiss cheese
1/3 cup mayo
1/3 cup Miracle Whip

Poppy Seed Sauce:
1 TBLS. poppy seeds
1 1/2 TBLS yellow mustard
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 TBLS. minced onion
1/2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

In a small bowl, mix together mayo and Miracle Whip. Spread onto both sides of center of rolls. Place a slice of ham and a slice of Swiss cheese on each roll. Close rolls and place them on a large cookie sheet (lightly sprayed). Place them very close together.

In a medium bowl, whisk together all of the poppy seed sauce ingredients. Pour evenly over the sandwiches. You don't have to use all of the sauce. 

Let sit 10 minutes or until the butter sets slightly. Cover with foil and bake for 12 - 15 minutes or until cheese is melted.

Uncover and cook for 2 additional minutes or until tops are slightly brown and crispy. Enjoy!

3 comments:

Comfy cuisine said...

These are awesome Sheri! I've made them several times and everyone loves them1

Sheri said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sheri said...

Hi Patti! We love them too; I have yet to make them for guests as we eat them all ourselves. :)