Thursday, May 24

White Chocolate Cake Batter Truffles

 recipe from sixsistersstuff.com

I get asked a lot how I maintain my weight and make all this delicious food. For one, I have been blessed with good metabolism and even greater willpower when it comes to knowing my limits on my calorie intake. Second, I share! Either myself or John are taking any extras to work with us. 

I was flattered when a co-worker asked if I take requests. I definitely do. He sent me this recipe from sixsistersstuff.com. Truffles are new to me. This is a recipe I probably would have not made otherwise. I would have really missed out! Everyone loved these, including myself and I am not even a fan of white chocolate. Little mouthfuls of rich cakey goodness. Absolutely divine!

Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups flour
1 cup yellow cake mix
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
1/2 cup white sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1/8 tsp. salt
3 - 4 TBLS. milk
2 TBLS. sprinkles

Truffle coating:
16 oz. (8 squares) almond bark (I used vanilla flavored)
4 TBLS. yellow cake mix
sprinkles

Beat together butter and sugar using electric mixer, until well combined. Add cake mix, flour, salt and vanilla. Mix thoroughly. Add 3 tablespoons or more of milk to make dough consistency. Mix in sprinkles by hand. Roll dough into 1" balls and place on parchment paper. Chill in the refrigerator 15 or more to firm up.

While dough balls are chilling, melt almond bark in the microwave at 30 second intervals until melted. Stir in between intervals. Once melted, quickly stir in cake mix until completely incorporated. Using a fork, dip truffles into almond bark and shake of excess bark by tapping the bottom of the fork on the side of the bowl. Place truffles back on parchment paper and top with sprinkles. Repeat until all truffles are done.

Chill in refrigerator until serving.

Makes 25 - 30 truffles.

NOTE: I waited until I had dipped all truffles before I added the sprinkles. They didn't stick very well this way. I would recommend immediately adding sprinkles after each dipping if you want them to be more decorative. Also, I used leftover Easter sprinkles but think more color would be great!


No comments: