Friday, May 4

Beef Burgers with (not so) Secret Sauce

recipe from littlemissmomma.com

It is important to me that I credit someone when I try out their recipes. I visit many blogs for ideas or even inspiration and if I use someone's creation on here, I always make sure to give them the credit they deserve. I think we all know many recipes out there aren't originals but it seems so many are claiming them as their own. I have no problem admitting I use other people's ideas and am grateful they are willing to share!

Here is one such example. John brought me home a burger press a while ago. Such a simple kitchen gadget that really makes the difference when making a burger. Not only does it help make your burgers equal proportions but it puts a small indent on the top of each burger to ensure even cooking and keeps your patties from rounding out. I wanted to use it immediately but couldn't think of what type of burger I wanted to make. I had this recipe from littlemissmomma.com pinned, so I thought it was a great opportunity to try it.

We loved these burgers! They were tangy and delicious. 

Ingredients:
1 lb. ground beef (85/15)
1/2 cup grated Monterrey Jack cheese
1/4 cup BBQ sauce
Lawry's 
black pepper
onion powder
sesame seed buns

Secret Sauce:
3/4 cup mayo
1/4 cup ketchup
2 TBLS. Worcestershire
Lawry's

Combine ground beef, grated cheese, BBQ sauce, and desired amount of seasonings. Shape into patties that are about 1" thick.

If you don't have a burger press, it is important to push about a 1/2" indent into the center of the patties. These burgers stay extra moist because of the sauce and cheese mixed in and the indent prevents them from becoming a dome.

Wait for your skillet to get really hot, then add a very thin layer of butter to the pan. Place the patties in the pan, indent side up.

Reduce the heat to medium and allow this side of the patty to heat 4 -6 minutes but make sure it doesn't burn. Flip and cook until done.

For the sauce: Combine all ingredients and mix well until combined. Taste and adjust to your liking.

2 comments:

Rachel @ Bakerita said...

This looks super delicious! I love that the sauce and cheese are mixed in.
-Rachel @ Bakerita.com

Chung-Ah | Damn Delicious said...

Yum! I can't wait to try that "secret sauce"!