Monday, May 14

Maple & Brown Sugar Pork Tenderloin (Crockpot Recipe)



If I am ever at a loss for ideas when planning my weekly menu, I can always add pork tenderloin as a safe bet. My guys and I love it. Even while I am not a fan of gravy, John and Spencer definitely are. Back in my not so great cooking days, I just sprinkled a few spices on the pork, added water and cooked the tenderloin in the crockpot for a few hours. It was always a hit, even then! So now I am always super excited to add a sauce or new flavor as a surprise of sorts, for the guys. Except now I buy two tenderloins instead of one and leftovers rarely happen. 


A great weeknight easy tenderloin recipe. I love putting this in before I leave for work and coming home to a delicious smelling house. The meat is so tender and juicy and the sauce amazing.


Ingredients:
2 (1 lb each) plain pork tenderloins
salt and pepper
1 clove garlic, minced
4 TBLS. Dijon mustard (I used Stone Ground)
2 TBLS. honey
2 TBLS. brown sugar
1 TBLS. cider vinegar
1 TBLS. pure Maple syrup
1 TBLS. cornstarch
1 TBLS. cold water


Trim tenderloins and pat dry any moisture from them with paper towel. Lightly season with salt and pepper. Place in your crockpot.


In a small bowl, combine garlic, mustard, honey, brown sugar, vinegar and maple syrup. Pour over the tenderloins. Turn each tenderloin to coat thoroughly. 


Cover crockpot and cook on low for 7 - 8 hours.


Remove tenderloins and cover with foil to keep warm. Pour juices left in the crockpot (discarding any fatty parts) into a saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat. Simmer 8 - 10 minutes, stirring often.


Combine cornstarch and water in a small bowl. Whisk into juices and cook 1 - 2 minutes longer, stirring until thickened.


Spoon over tenderloins. Cut and serve. Enjoy!

No comments: