Saturday, October 11

Yummy Chili


One of my favorite comfort foods during the colder months is chili. YUM! When I used to snowmobile, I often stopped at this out of the way restaurant/bar. They had the most wonderful chili. I never did try anything else on their menu because the chili was so good! I have tried for years and years to replicate their recipe and have failed miserably. Finally last week, I got very close. Persistence does pay off!
2.5 lbs. ground beef (cooked, drained and crumbled)
46 ounces tomato juice
29 ounces tomato sauce
15 ounces kidney beans, drained (I substitute HOT chili beans)
25 ounces pinto beans
1.5 cups chopped onion
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/2 teaspoon white sugar
1/2 black pepper
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup chili powder
Mix in crock pot. Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
Tip: If you like spicier chili, add 1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper and adjust the cayenne pepper to a higher level to suit your tastes.
ENJOY!

3 comments:

Tanya said...

Sam and I aren't big chili lovers, though I do love it with lots of cheese and crackers. Rich does like it so I'll definitely try this yummy looking recipe!

Brandy said...

Mmmmmmmmmm - I LOVE LOVE LOVE chili and haven't had a good bowl of chili in years. Joe hates anything with beans and I've only ever made it with beans and couldn't imagine it without them.

That recipe sounds awesome!! YUM!

RazorFamilyFarms.com said...

I LOVE chili! Of course, I am not allowed to make it any longer. I'm married to the King of Chili. Josh makes it and I just sit back and watch.

Glad you are back!

I've missed you!

Blessings,
Lacy