Sunday, October 5

Hello, My Friends!!

I cannot believe how long it has been since I last posted! Wow!


Life is good; actually life is great and grand. I will be honest here about why I have been MIA recently. I was not healthy, mentally or physically. I could see some of my issues coming through in my blogging and realized I needed to make some changes. Grant you, nothing horrible is wrong with me (well, nothing that can't be prevented), I just was stressed and decided to take some control over that stress.


The stress I refer to stems from many things. Some I can control and some I cannot. Spencer's disabilities can weigh on my heart very heavily sometimes, the company I work for is struggling and many days I feel overworked and much underpaid, finances (who doesn't have this problem right now) and of course, the good ole self image.


First, I am completely and totally addicted to my sister's cooking/baking blog. I have made the majority of her recipes and my family is eating the best food (quality and flavor) that they ever have. Once I started, I couldn't seem to stop and now the time and energy I take to make a great dinner isn't the task it used to be for me. I mainly made boxed meals on the fly. Very rarely am I doing this now, if ever. Because of my new found desire to cook with care, I also plain all my meals for the upcoming week, set out the recipes and shop accordingly. No more running to the store (believe it or not, grocery shopping is one of my least favorite activities EVER) every other night. I also bake something every Sunday night and take half to work (one way to make more friends!). I get over half the office asking for my recipes. This new me is still basking in my baking sunlight with a very large smile.


I was also addicted to the weight loss drug, called Hydroxycut. I have a few extra pounds on me that I am always going to lose but don't get around to doing. Nothing a few days a week of exercise wouldn't cure but like a bazillion Americans, I think I pill can do it for me, so I spent too much money taking two pills three times a day. This pill in the beginning is fantastic. Large amounts of energy, you feel hungry, yet when meal times roll around, you eat little. This pill cost me hours of sleep I needed to function and eventually started to make me feel really crappy. Headaches, stomach aches, insomnia. Took me over a week to come down from the withdrawal, which was horrid, but I feel so so much better now. I feel normal as someone like me can feel! Woohoo!


I also have a hobby again. You may have guessed it right away. Amphibians! Spending time taking care of, watching and learning about my frogs has taken the place of stress many times over the last few weeks. I am enthralled, enthusiastic and downright smitten with my pets. I might have to sell some body parts on ebay to help finance my obsession but a great obsession it is!


Lastly, my largest stress source. My light, my purpose,my Spencer. I can only do what I can do for him and do it the best I know how. When I take the other stress factors out of my life, I can focus more on him and without distraction. How much more positive I can be is amazing.



Thank you for caring and stopping in, even though I didn't respond. I have a lot of catching up to do!!!



Sorry for the poor quality. This is scanned. Our family picture over three years ago. Seemed fitting!

4 comments:

Tanya said...

Well, gosh darn it, what a relief. I'm so glad you are doing better and making changes that I can tell you are feeling so much better about. I can't tell you how happy that makes me.

I'm also glad that you are enjoying my blog! So glad you're back blogging.

Love ya. Kiss that boy for me.

Anonymous said...

I am so glad your back on. I am proud of you for realizing your problem and facing it and defeating it! You are a awesome Mother and handle lifes problems head on. Thats my Bugs!!!!

Brandy said...

I'm so happy to see a post from you!

I'm so sorry to hear you've been dealing with so much but it sounds like you're on the right track. I can totally relate to most of the stressors you mentioned. I'm glad to hear you're taking steps to reduce/eliminate those.

Love the family pic! I can't believe how much Spencer has grown!! :)

Anonymous said...

Sheri
So sad to here you are going through a rough time.Those darn pills.You do not need to lose weight you are beautiful the way you are.If you need me I am here for you,I love you guys.I just Love the family picture.Take care
Love
Aunt Mattie