Wednesday, December 7

Center - Off Centered Fall Scene

When people ask what equipment I use - I tell them my eyes. - Anonymous  

Whether you consider yourself an actual photographer, an enthusiast or just someone who enjoys taking photos, you have probably been asked what kind of camera you use, right? I have done the same myself. Before John got me my new DSLR, I was using an older point and shoot. When I would tell people this, I saw most of them didn't believe me. How could that be? I was keeping my secrets, they just knew it.

Photography is so amazing, so unique to the person behind the camera itself. How they see the world, what they find interesting or beautiful. Talent or creativity is solely based on you and you alone. Of course a higher quality camera and equipment can make those visions much better, but photography is really based on an individual's ability to see beyond what is laid before them and more of what is in the mind's eye, it really is.

I have seen many with expensive cameras taking flat lifeless photos. I have seen others create beauty with an old beat up camera and a rock for their subject. I have seen both of them happy with the outcome because we are all our own masters behind the viewfinder. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and creativity doesn't create itself. We create it, capture it and make it extraordinary, even if it's only to ourselves.

Be inspired!

I linked up with Two for Tuesday. (Yeah, I know it's Wednesday, I'm late...)


No comments: