Thursday, August 11

Garlic Mashed Potatoes





I made these to go with the Meatloaf Muffins recipe I recently posted. For years I have been making The Pioneer Woman's (Ree Drummond) original mashed potatoes. No matter what I never skimp on potatoes and always hand mash (no boxed here!) because we all love them. This recipe will be a major repeat from now on. So easy and the flavor and texture can't be beat.

Ingredients:
3 cups water
5 Tbls. butter, cubed
1 tsp. garlic powder
3/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1 cup milk
3 cups mashed potato flakes

Combine water, butter, garlic powder, salt and pepper in large saucepan. Bring to a boil.

Remove from heat and add milk. Stir in mashed potato flakes with a fork.

My boys like these with gravy (my picky eater ate all his and asked for seconds).

No comments: